1. I advise myself to compose a blog a week, even if it's only 150 characters. March was the last time I posted. That's just silly, I've had so many important thoughts vaporize into the ether since then... ahem.
2. I advise myself to get a massage at least quarterly. Not enough but it's better than annually. I had a 1/2 hour neck massage today and I think my head is going to explode from all the extra circulation. Hence, advisory #1, above.
3. I'm already relentless about taking this bit of advice, but it bears repeating. Exercise regularly. You brush your teeth regularly, you bathe regularly, maybe you even floss regularly. See that sign at the dentist's office that says, "No, you don't have to floss your teeth. Just the ones you want to keep." Follow me on this, you don't have to exercise your muscles, joints, organs, systems. Just the ones you want to keep. :-)
4. I advise myself to send out more birthday greetings. I have the technology.
5. I advise myself to ask for what I want, offer what I want, and smile while asking and offering. Vague, I know, but think of all the mundane or magnificent personal and professional ways this can be put into practice. For instance, that once-a-month-at-the-most hamburger I find I need to have really, really, really needs to be brought to me cooked medium. Apparently, it is up to me to go the extra mile to make this happen, as the last 3 times I've ordered a burger medium it arrived raw/well-done-hockey-puck/hockey puck the sequel. Come on.
This is a theme that I will return to, I can feel it. Can you feel it?