Sunday, March 18, 2012

Back in the saddle again

Where has Jane been?

It has been a month and a half since my last post.  Wow.  I guess I got busy again.  Not drained, certainly not dragging, but juggling lots of balls in the air at once.  Should my fingers spend too much time on the keyboard, one of those balls might drop.  Yikes!  Can't have that, now, can we?

One wonderful thing which has come into my life is my weekly Local Farmbag (thanks, Carrie Smith!).  Local Farmbag delivers fresh, often organic, always locally grown fruits and vegetables in a big brown bag or two onto your doorstep every week.  Or, if you prefer, every other week.  There are different sized bags for our differing produce-consumption needs.  For me and the sweet-ums, the single bag is more than enough.  And believe you me, we eat our veggies and fruits every darn day.

You can add artisan baked bread, local grass fed beef, local free range poultry, wild caught fish, local eggs, and other nourishment to your order week to week.  Support local farmers, enjoy a variety of new foods and recipes, and feel better from the inside out!  This is such a win-win, it's amazing.

See for yourself, Low Country residents: http://www.localfarmbag.com/

Has Local Farmbag made me busier? I find myself blanching and chopping a little more on Wednesdays and Thursdays than I had been when I just bought all my produce at Kroger.

But my ASPIRE/ALIVE program studies with Phil Kaplan have really been taking up a big chunk of time.  I am still in the midst of a 16 week training program, which includes weekly conference calls and weekly testing and some kind of activity every single day toward the completion of this Trainer Training.  It's been wonderfully evolutionary, unconventional, challenging, affirming, and synergistic.  All of which gives you little to no detail, except to point out that I am jazzed about my investment of time, money, and energy so far.

(Speaking of jazzed, I've been busy with a few singing gigs, too.  Prepping, practicing, drilling... yes, vocalists do all these things, we don't just show up and start warbling.)

There is a great deal I cannot yet tell you about the ALIVE protocol.  In a couple more months, I expect you won't be able to get me to shut up about it, so enjoy the quiet while you can.
Here is a sample of the mindset of the innovator who brought this protocol and Trainer Training program together.  I've studied with Phil in a professional development context before and always found his advice to be thought-provoking and rewarding.

Let me know what thoughts this article provokes in you, ok?
http://bebetterproject.wordpress.com/2011/11/10/the-new-synergy/

Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment